We recommend you update your printer’s touch screen program before your first print.
- Manual Upgrade via USB Drive:
We recommend that you update your printer’s touchscreen program before your first print. Please follow the instruction below to update your touchscreen program with a USB drive:
- Download the UP mini 2 ES Upgrade Program from https://www.tiertime.com/touchscreen-upgrade-program/
- Save the tt upgrade Program file to the root directory of a USB Drive with FAT32 format, and make sure the name of the file is update_usb.tt (case sensitive).
- Before switch on the printer, plug in the USB drive with the saved Update Program to the front USB port of your printer.
- Switch on the printer.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to finish the upgrade process.
*Attention: To allow the printer detect the upgrade kit correctly, we suggestions you using Chrome or Firefox browser to download the latest upgrade program. However, if you prefer using other browsers, make sure the downloaded file name is update_usb and the file extension is .tt.
- Auto Upgrade via Wi-Fi Network:
There will be two times update occuring in the Auto Upgrade process. The first upgrade is to ensure the second update processed smoothly.
You have to set up your printers Wi-Fi first.
To set up the printer’s Wi-Fi on the touchscreen:
- Go to Config, enter Network Settings
- Toggle on Wi-Fi Network Connection.
- Find the desired Wi-Fi Network’s name in the list below.
- Tap the name to connect the Wi-Fi Network.
- The UP mini 2 ES is connect to the Wi-Fi Network successfully, when the red exclamation mark disappeared, an interlock and Information icon appears.
To set up the Wi-Fi of your printer with UP Studio software: Use the UP Studio on the computer:
- Connect your UP mini 2 ES with a USB cable to your computer,
- Open UP Studio on your computer, go to Settings, choose
- The connected UP mini 2 ES will appeared with a green tick on top, click More (circled in the red ).
- Click the down drop down menu, and then select the desired Wi-Fi network to connect. You may be asked to enter the password of the Wi-Fi network. You can make further changes in the configurations of the Wi-Fi network by click Information
- You can now unplug the USB cable, and connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network that you set for UP mini 2 ES.
- Open UP Studio, go to Settings, click Printer, click Add Printer, find your UP mini 2 ES on the All Printer list, and click + to add your UP mini 2 ES. If you cannot find your UP mini 2 ES in the printer list, click Refresh.
- An icon of your UP mini 2 ES will appear in the Printer section, Click the icon, a green check mark representing your UP mini 2 ES is connected via Wi-Fi successfully will appear on top of the UP mini 2 ES icon.
Please follow the the following instruction to update your touch screen program with a USB drive: 1. Download the Upgrade Kit UP mini 2 ES
2. Save the Upgrade Kit file to a USB Drive, and make sure save the file to root directory of a USB Drive update_usb.tt (case sensitive).
3. Before you switch on the printer, plug in the USB drive with saved Update Kit to the USB port in the back of the UP mini 2 ES printer.
4. Switch on the printer.
5. Follow the instruction on the screen to finish the upgrade process.